- What does “ArtMattan” mean?
- Does ArtMattan read scripts?
- How can I submit a film for your consideration?
- Does ArtMattan have any job vacancies?
- Does ArtMattan offer internships?
- How can I see ArtMattan's films?
- How can I rent films for educational screenings?
- How can I buy ArtMattan's films on video or DVD?
- I have a copy of one of your films on video or DVD. Can I use it for a public screening?
- Can I purchase posters of your films?
- How can I obtain photos, press kits, and ad slicks for promotional use?
- I'd like to place an order through the mail, can you do this? What do I need to do?
The Harmattan is a dry dusty wind that blows along the northwest coast of Africa. ArtMattan also refers to Art in Manhattan.
No, ArtMattan is a distribution company, not a production company, so we don't look at scripts. We only consider completed films.
We do not accept unsolicited DVDs. If you have a finished film which you think would be of interest to us (you can see the kind of films we distribute by browsing our website) you can send us a one-page description of your film. Fax it to (212) 316-6020 to the attention of ACQUISITIONS. If the description interests us we will contact you to find out how we could see your film. But please bear in mind that we distribute only two or three films a year, most of which are acquired at film festivals.
The other way to get your film considered is by submitting it to the African Diaspora International Film Festival. Most of the films we acquire are first screened in the festival.
Visit http://nyadiff.org/submit-your-film/ for more information.
Sorry. Not at the present time.
Sorry. Not at the present time.
Our new, recent, and upcoming releases are listed on our web site AfricanFilm.com.
Many of our older films are available on DVD and VOD. Visit our Home Video Store for more information.
We can send you our catalog by mail. Just e-mail us at info@africanFilm.com to request a catalog, or call (212) 864-1760. Visit our AfricanFilm.com web site for more ordering information.
DVDs on the ArtMattan DVD label can be purchased online through our web site www.AfricanDiasporaDVD.com or by calling 1-212-864-1760. Some of our films have been released by other distributors and those DVDs can be purchased by visiting the page for the film you're interested in (see Home Video Store) and following the link to buy the DVD.
The DVDs purchased on AfricanDiasporaDVD.com are for personal use only. For institutional use, please visit www.AfricanFilm.com
First you will need to purchase public performance rights. These rights allow the purchasing institution to show the VHS or DVD in public on the institution's premises during the life of the tape or disc. For more information visit our Institutional web site at AfricanFilm.com, e-mail us, or call (212) 864-1760.
Yes, for Kirikou and the Sorceress and Sia, the Dream of the Python only. Posters are $10 + shipping and handling. Please call (212) 864-1760 to place your order.
Photos and press kits for most of our films are available (for some titles) to theaters and institutions only.
Posters, postcards and 35mm trailers are available (for some titles) to theaters and institutions only.
Please call (212) 864-1760 or e-mail us at email@example.com for more information.
Please make payable to ArtMattan Productions
- Include your full name, address, fax #, email and a daytime phone number.
- List the videos you would like to order.
- Add up the charges as they appear on our website or in our catalog, making sure to include S&H costs.
- Please include 8.75% sales tax if you are a New York State Resident.
- To calculate shipping and handling charges:
- Please include $5.95 for the first video and $1.50 for each additional video purchased.
Example: 2 videos = $7.45 S&H
3 videos = $8.95 S&H etc.
- Residents of Canada include $9.95 S&H for the first video and $2.00 for each additional.