- What does “ArtMattan” mean?
- Does ArtMattan read scripts?
- How can I submit a film for your consideration?
- Does ArtMattan have any job vacancies?
- Does ArtMattan offer internships?
- How can I see ArtMattan's films?
- How can I rent films for educational screenings?
- How can I buy ArtMattan's films on video or DVD?
- I have a copy of one of your films on video or DVD. Can I use it for
a public screening?
- Can I purchase posters of your films?
- How can I obtain photos, press kits, and ad slicks for promotional use?
1. What does “ArtMattan”
The Harmattan is a dry dusty wind that blows along the northwest coast
of Africa. ArtMattan also refers to Art in Manhattan.
2. Does ArtMattan read scripts?
No, ArtMattan is a distribution company, not a production company, so we
don't look at scripts. We only consider completed films.
3. How can I submit a film for your consideration?
We do not accept unsolicited videotapes. If you have a finished film which
you think would be of interest to us (you can see the kind of films we distribute
by browsing our website) you can send us a one-page description of your
film. Fax it to (212) 316-6020 to the attention of ACQUISITIONS. If the
description interests us we will contact you to find out how we could see
your film. But please bear in mind that we distribute only two or three
films a year, most of which are acquired at film festivals.
4. Does ArtMattan have any job vacancies?
Sorry. Not at the present time.
5. Does ArtMattan offer internships?
Sorry. Not at the present time.
6. How can I see ArtMattan's films?
Our new, recent, and upcoming releases are listed on our web site AfricanFilm.com.
Many of our older films are available on home video and DVD. Visit our
Home Video Store for more
7. How can I rent films for
We can send you our catalogue by mail. Just e-mail us at info@africanFilm.com
to request a catalog, or call (212) 864-1760. Visit our AfricanFilm.com
web site for more ordering information.
8. How can I buy ArtMattan's films on video
Videos and DVDs on the ArtMattan Video label can be purchased on our website
through our web site www.AfricanDiasporaVidoe.com
or by calling 1-212-864-1760. Some of our films have been released by other
distributors and those videos and DVDs can be purchased by visiting the
page for the film you're interested in (see Home
Video Store) and following the link to buy video.
9. I have a copy of one of your films on video
or DVD. Can I use it for a public screening?
First you will need to purchase public performance rights. These rights
allow the purchasing institution to show the VHS or DVD in public on the
institution's premises during the life of the tape or disc. For more information
visit our Institutional web site at AfricanFilm.com,
e-mail us, or call (212) 864-1760.
10. Can I purchase posters of your films?
Yes, for Kirikou and the Sorceress and Sia, the Dream of the
Python only. Posters are $10 + shipping and handling. Please call (212)
864-1760 to place your order.
11. How can I obtain photos, press kits,
and ad slicks for promotional use?
Photos and press kits for most of our films are available
(for some titles) to theaters and institutions only.
Posters, postcards and 35mm trailers are available (for
some titles) to theaters and institutions only.
Please call (212) 864-1760 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more